Finance Council Minutes

ST. ANTHONY OF PADUA

PARISH FINANCE COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES

JUNE 24, 2019

Those present: Fr. Grant Gerlach, Rob Delk, Diana Bader, Julie Hill & Joan Roe (bookkeeper & recording secretary).

Those absent: Kerry Peters and Deacon Tom Adams.

HVAC for Rectory

Discussion was held on the HVAC bids for the rectory. Three bids were acquired prior to the meeting, and during the meeting information was gleaned from a phone call and the internet for some clarification on the different bids. The group had some questions on some of the bids. Joan was asked to find out from Precision Mechanical whether their system was a 1 or 2 stage and how many BTU’s it had. She will also ask for a bid for a Merit Line system.

Fr. Gerlach was going to reach out to Deacon Craig Pearson for his input on the bids.

(On a side note…) as of Tuesday morning, the day after our meeting, Joan asked Nelson’s Oil & Gas if the model number in the bid should have been an EL rather than an ML (Deacon Craig couldn’t find an ML296 on the internet). She also called Custer Heating & Air Conditioning requesting a Model # for their bid. Joan also called Precision Mechanical for a bid on a Merit Line system.

Once the bids have been clarified and we receive the additional bid, Joan will send out the new information for a vote by all members.

Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Budget

The new budget was discussed. A question was brought up about the decreased amount set aside for vestments. Last year’s budget was $4,000.00 and this year it was $1,500.00. Joan explained that she thought that Fr. Gerlach previously was thinking about some less expensive vestments, but he showed the council some pictures of vestments for $700.00 each (just the priestly vestments & not the deacon’s). There are four colors that could be purchased, so Joan took the $700.00 amount and doubled it (for the deacon’s vestments) and then took that number times 4 for 4 sets of vestments, which came to a total of $5,600.00. Joan also noted that the vestments should be capitalized so the $1,500.00 under vestments( #7055) was deleted and the $5,600.00 was added as Annual Religious Articles (#9996). She also adjusted the restricted fund transfer #4850) for the rectory HVAC system from $10,000.00 to $8,000.00 since that is closer to the actual amounts for the bids. The $10,000.00 was put in strictly as a guesstimate. She also adjusted the restricted fund transfer on the Facility Improvement Fund’s budget for the HVAC system.

Once the adjustments have been made to the budgets, Joan will send out the new budgets to the members for them to review. However, at the meeting, Diana made the motion to temporarily accept the budget with the revisions and Rob seconded the motion. All were in favor.

Our next meeting will be held on Monday, July 20, beginning at 3:30 p.m. At this meeting, one of the agenda items will be to look over the end-of-the-fiscal-year financial reports.

The closing prayer was led by Fr. Gerlach.

Respectfully submitted,

Joan M. Roe, Bookkeeper and Recording Secretary